In today’s digital age, antivirus software is a must-have purchase. Around 32% of individuals use antivirus software for both professional and personal reasons, while 41% use it just for personal security. Antivirus programs are more crucial than ever as individuals spend more time online after the 2020 pandemic, and the number of reported cybersecurity threats continues to rise.
Which antivirus program is the most effective? There are several alternatives available. You may select from all-in-one security suites that include malware protection and VPN support, as well as simple, low-cost anti-virus software.
Today, we’ll look at some of the best antivirus software alternatives for protecting your online identity.
The 7 Best Antivirus Software of 2022
- Best Overall : McAfee Antivirus Plus
- Best for reliability: Norton AntiVirus Plus
- Best for Multiple Devices : Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
- Best for windows: Kaspersky Antivirus
- Best Premium Option: Eset NOD32 AntiVirus
- Best Malware Scanning: Avira Antivirus
- best freemium: Avast Antivirus
What is Antivirus Software?
Antivirus software is a program or software package that protects computers against viruses. Today’s technology can help you set up defenses against viruses, look for evidence of virus concerns, and erase dangerous stuff from your computer.
The features of your antivirus software will differ depending on the package you select. Most will examine specific files and folders for attack symptoms on demand and automatically. You should also be able to schedule scans based on your needs, collect virus information, and eradicate bad code as soon as it is identified.
Some virus software will also show you your computer’s “health” by keeping track of factors like how many defenses you have installed.
Let’s have a look at some of the best antivirus software.
McAfee Antivirus Total Protection is a one-stop shop for keeping your digital devices safe.
McAfee Total Security delivers a lot of capabilities with a lightweight system fingerprint, making it ideal for consumers who wish to invest in a more comprehensive kind of protection. In other words, your gadget will not take up a lot of space. If you want to protect your entire family, you can buy multi-device coverage.
- Extensive range of features
- Excellent VPN with unlimited usage
- Multiple package options
- Intelligent firewalls, spam filters, and secure file vaults
- Lightweight for your computer
- Antivirus protection isn’t as reliable as some revivals
- Can be expensive for one device
Total Protection antivirus software is available
Norton Antivirus Plus includes more than just basic antivirus protection with each bundle. A variety of functions, including a
Norton has a number of features that you won’t find in other entry-level antivirus packages, such as 2GB of online storage for your files and PC maintenance tools. The antivirus protections, maybe most crucially, are powerful and trustworthy – but not the finest on the market.
A special edition of
Norton’s extensive variety of adjustable features makes it a popular choice among security enthusiasts. However, the technology may cause your gadget to appear to be somewhat smaller.
- Extra features like cloud storage
- Anti-virus, spyware, malware, and ransomware in one
- Multiple packages, including family-friendly options
- Decent antivirus protection for Mac and PC
- Identity and online privacy support
- Can slow down your device slightly
Pricing: For one account, Norton Antivirus Plus
Kaspersky Antivirus is a Windows-only antivirus program that is rated among the best in terms of price and performance. The service claims to safeguard you in real time from viruses and malware. You’ll also get help to keep your machine functioning well every day. The base package includes performance optimization features.
You’ll also receive VPN access, payment protection, camera protection, an adult content filter, screen-time management, GPS child location, file protection, and more if you upgrade to Kaspersky comprehensive security. Additionally, a password manager is offered.
- Extensive range of potential features
- Good anti-phishing protection
- Performance optimization built-in
- Affordable pricing
- Not available for Mac if you buy the essential suite
Pricing: Pricing generally starts at around
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus is a handy and economical solution for real-time protection that is widely regarded as one of the best antivirus packages available. The program, which is designed
While there is a free version of Bitdefender available, the “Pro” protection, which is also quite reasonable, provides a lot more capabilities. Bitdefender provides outstanding anti-infection protection with minimum impact on PC performance. The more you pay for your subscription, the more features you’ll receive, such
Bitdefender’s antivirus protection has won several honors, including the “Outstanding Security Product” award.
- Extensive features like Safepay banking protection and VPN
- Lots of internet and computer protection
- Fantastic value for money
- Top-of-the-line protection from viruses with minimal performance impact
- Access to host of performance boosting features
- Only for Windows PC
- Limited VPN usage
Pricing: Pricing starts at around
Eset NOD32 antivirus is a great antivirus program for gamers who want to keep their PC running smoothly. It’s speedy, efficient, and light. This trustworthy
NOD32’s antivirus technology uses very little power from your computer, allowing you to keep streaming movies and playing games without interruption. You won’t have to spend as much time thinking about software patches because the technology updates itself.
One useful feature of Eset is the ability to check your devices remotely using the smartphone app.
- Convenient app control center
- Support for both Mac and Windows devices
- Powerful antivirus protection
- Automatic updates and patches
- Minimal power usage for gamers
- A little difficult to use
Pricing: The cost of a
Avast Antivirus, another free program, provides today’s digital explorers all the tools they need to be safe online. The antivirus is available for free download, and it contains capabilities for
Avast has multiple packages for different users, so you may get the correct security for your needs whether you’re using a home or corporate computer. A software update tool is also provided to keep your apps patched and up-to-date.
Avast offers its own anti-phishing feature, although it isn’t as sophisticated as some of its competitors.
If you choose for
- Excellent VPN and PC cleanup functionality
- Free version of antivirus available
- Software updating tool and device optimization
- Safe banking and shopping
- Can slow down your devices quite a bit
Pricing: If you upgrade from the Avast free antivirus package to the ultimate plan, you can spend
Avira Antivirus is likely best known for its free security package, which is one of the most liberal on the market. However, if you want comprehensive coverage, you should definitely stick to the premium plans. The award-winning technology is used by more than 500 million people across the world and has an easy-to-use interface.
Upgrading to the premier editions of Avira Antivirus will provide you with a lot more capability, such as a professional software updater and other features.
- Extensive antivirus, malware, and ransomware protections
- Tools to improve your PC performance
- Free version available if you’re not ready for a paid plan
- Convenient and easy-to-use technology
- Antivirus protection can be a little shaky