Avoid messing with wires to make calls and play music.
- On iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth > toggle on Bluetooth. Your headset should go into pairing mode.
- Next, on iPhone, go to Bluetooth settings and tap the name of your headset.
How to link a Bluetooth headset with an iPhone running iOS 7 or later is covered in this article.
How to Pair a Bluetooth Headset to an iPhone
Make sure your Bluetooth headset and smartphone have plenty of battery life before you start.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone, select Bluetooth and then toggle Bluetooth on.
2. Alternatively, turn on Bluetooth using the Control Center. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then tap the Bluetooth icon. The button turns blue when the feature is active.
3. Many headsets automatically enter pairing mode the first time you turn them on. To learn how to activate pairing mode on the item, consult the owner’s handbook.
4. Once the headset is set to pair, your iPhone should automatically find it. On the Bluetooth settings screen, you’ll notice the name of the headset under the list of devices. The iPhone connects to the headset when you tap its name.
5. Now you can begin using the headset.
Make Calls Using Your Bluetooth Headset
Simply call the number as usual to place a call with your Bluetooth headset. You might be able to dial by voice if you’re wearing a headset that supports voice commands.
Your iPhone displays a selection of possibilities once you dial the desired number. You have the option of placing the call using your Bluetooth headset, your iPhone, or the speakerphone on your iPhone. The call transfers to the Bluetooth headset icon when you tap it. You should now be linked.
Using the button on your headset or the End Call button on the iPhone screen will end the call.
Accept Calls Using Your Bluetooth Headset
You can answer calls immediately from your Bluetooth headset by hitting the relevant button when they come into your iPhone. A main button on the majority of Bluetooth headsets serves this function. Consult the product handbook if you’re unsure which button to push.
Using the button on your headset or clicking the End Call symbol on the iPhone’s screen will end the call.